Hachette Gardening Book-Tiny Plants
Longing to nurture your houseplant addiction without cramping your space or style? If you can't squeeze another giant leafy friend onto your plant shelf, author Leslie Halleck is here to inform you that tiny is the new BIG! In Tiny Plants, you’ll discover a fascinating array of perfectly petite houseplants you can collect and grow—in a minimal amount of space.
Yes, tiny plants are the ideal solution for plant keepers who don’t have much space, but even if you’ve got all the room in the world, their adorableness is reason alone to grow these mini wonders. These are the eternal puppies, kittens, and babies of the plant world—they never grow out of their cuteness because their genetics keep them itty-bitty for their entire lives.
Beyond a few small succulents, most houseplant parents aren’t aware of the extensive array of tiny plants they can collect and display on windowsills, on tables and desks, and in terrariums.
Prepare for cuteness overload with:
- Profiles of dozens of miniature houseplants, including aquatic, carnivorous, flowering, succulent, and tropical varieties
- Detailed growing information and tips for success
- A fascinating look at the botany of miniature houseplant varieties
- Advice on how to stylishly display your tiny plant collection
- How-to lessons on the basics of propagating mini houseplants to share with friends
- Details on the best tiny houseplants for terrarium growing