Penguin Random House Book-Backyard Farming: Growing Vegetables and Herbs
Backyard Farming: Growing Vegetables & Herbs is your guide to ensuring that your first garden is a success. Intended to serve as a comprehensive primer for first-time gardeners, detailed illustrations and informative photographs help to eliminate confusion and ease new homesteaders into the world of backyard farming.
Growing Vegetables & Herbs takes you from start to finish: from planning out your garden, to planting and nurturing, to enjoying your first home harvest.
Growing Vegetables & Herbs shows you:
• How to design the best gardening layout for your space
• The ins and outs of weeding, watering, and pest control to keep your garden fresh and healthy
• Ways to organize your plantings to take advantage of natural complements
• The equipment you will need to make your garden a success
• How to harvest your vegetables and prepare your garden for the coming winter
…and many more tips and tricks from experienced growers to help you avoid the most common mistakes.
Join the growing movement of homemakers and homesteaders looking to make a return to a healthier, happier way of life—right in your own backyard. Growing Vegetables & Herbs will show you how.
Backyard Farming is a series of easy-to-use guides to help urban, suburban, and rural dwellers turn their homes into homesteads. Whether planning to grow food for the family or for sale at the local farmers market, Backyard Farming provides simple instruction and essential information in a convenient reference.